High Value Sales Negotiation
Training specifically aimed at Sales Negotiators and for MDs, GMs, Managers, Team Leaders, Key Accounts Managers Marketing Managers, Business Developmenrt Managers and Sales People involved in Tough Negotiations
Johannesburg - 1 & 2 July 2015
236 Oak Avenue, Ferndale, Randburg·
Cape Town - 29 & 30 June 2015
24 Southfield Rd, Plumstead, 7800
Durban - 8 & 9 July 2015
SICA's Conference Center
19 Owen Ave, Berea, 4091
The investment for this
By Richard Mulvey
It is said that E.H.Harriman, an American Legend in road building, once declared "Let me be one of 15 people round a table and I will get my way". Is this true? I have no idea, I never met the man. What I do know is there are many people I have met who just seem to have the same knack. Is it luck? Not at all.... it is a skill, Negotiation Skill.
Negotiation skill can be learnt but mastering the art needs proper training and practice. Mastering your negotiation skills will bring you measurable bottom-line results. Very often in negotiation you do not have time to consider, you are called upon to make an instant decision that may change your business fortune. Mistakes made in negotiation can be costly and in this two day course we not only provide the skills but also give you an environment to practise the skills to make sure they stick.
The best negotiation results are achieved when you consider not only your position but also that of your negotiation opponent. This kind of negotiation technique is known as Win-Win or collaborative problem solving and is proven to be far more effective in getting the best results and preserving the relationship. This two day training includes practice and role play to ensure that the skills are embedded. If we are not skilled negotiators we are not skilled sales people
- Discovering the essentials of effective negotiation
- Learning the key elements of a successful negotiation to ensure Win-Win solutions. - Own Objectives - Other persons objectives
- Creating a sound negotiation framework
- The Key to conflict resolution
- How to waste less time and get better results
- Preparing for a Negotiation
- SWOT Analysis
- Starting with clearly defined objectives
- Preparing your own checklist to include - Your NDA (No Deal Alternative) - Setting Goals - Supporting your argument - Analysing the other party
- Prepare a draft checklist for your organisation
- Discussing techniques to draft a negotiation plan and agenda
- Deal or No Deal - Discover what Win-Win really means
- Mastering different negotiation techniques for different business deals
- Developing a Win-Win strategy
- Examining the pitfalls to avoid in Negotiating
- Building "partner" relationships
- Recognising the power of strategies
- Putting together negotiating strategies
- The $2 game
- Ensuring both parties are on the same page
- Listening Assertively
- Respect and Trust
- Brainstorming sessions
- Negotiation Shield
- Learn when to say no
- What is a good deal
The course is designed to be highly interactive. There will be negotiators from many different industries on each course so we will all be able to learn how others solve sales problems and motivate sales teams. To ensure that there will be time for everybody to contribute we will limit the number of people on the course to twenty.
The investment for each trainee is R6,450 plus VAT with 10% discount if three or more individuals book from the same company.
The public courses are available in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban, but the course can also be constructed to fit your needs and run on your premises if required.
The advantages of running the course on your own premises include:
- The use of examples in your industry
- The course can be adjusted to focus on your company's needs
- You can set the dates to suit you work patterns.
To see courses coming later in the year click the "Look for more" link below the list. Click on "Print" to print the whole year. Click on the course to see venue, map etc.